The "ctmpublic" wireless internet access is again available at the library and at CTM. We apologise for any inconvenience the outage may have caused.
The ''ctmpublic'' wireless network is temporarily unavailable from the library: New wireless access points have been installed but do not seem to be working properly yet. We are working closely with the Uniting Church Synod IT department to resolve this issue.
The wireless network is still available from the cafe area and from CTM. If you need an internet connection in the library please ask library staff for a network cable.
We apologise for any inconvenience the outage will cause.
The problem some borrowers were experiencing while trying to renew their books through the "My Account" area on the library catalogue has been resolved.
We have found a problem with the book renewal functionality on the library catalogue's "My Account" area: Borrowers attempting to renew overdue books may find themselves unable to do so.
If you are unable to renew your loans over the internet, please contact library staff on 93408888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The problem with our email notice system has been fixed. Borrowers will again be able to receive notices to do with their loans and item requests.
We are experiencing problems with out library notice system: Overdue, Pre-Overdue, Hold and other automated notices are not being sent for the moment.
What does this mean? This means we might not be able to notify you when books become overdue. We can send out emails to let you know when books you have requested become available, but you will need to keep track of due dates through the My Account tab on the library catalogue, or by using the Library Elf notification system.
The library has amended some of its borrowing rules.
What stays the same?
- Loan periods. They vary according to your borrower classification, and whether there are any restrictions on the item. They are still 2 hours or1, 7, 14 or 28 days.
- Restrictions on access to 7 day loan and Reserve items. You have to be a member of Pilgrim Theological College, Trinity College Theological School or Jesuit College of Spirituality to borrow these items.
- Renewals. You will be able to renew a loan unless another borrower has placed it on hold or, if it is a 7 day loan, you have renewed it once before.
What has changed?
- The number of books you can borrow. Faculty of Pilgrim Theological College, Trinity College Theological School or Jesuit College of Spirituality and University of Divinity research students may now borrow 30 books; other library members may borrow 20.
- The effect of having an overdue book. This no longer means you can't renew your loans, or borrow another item or access online resources if you would normally have such access. But fines will accumulate at the daily rate applicable.
- The fines threshold for overdue books. You have to accumulate fines of $12 before you are deemed to have any outstanding fines. Part payment of fines is acceptable.
- The effect of having outstanding charges or fines. You won't now be able to borrow anything new (you will still be able to renew existing loans) or access the Library's online resources (you will still be able to access the University of Divinity Library Hub's online resources if you have a login there).
The library opening hours will change as follows over the next few weeks:
- Extended hours will continue until the end of the exam week (Friday 10th June)
- The library will be closed on Monday 13th June for the Queen's Birthday holiday.
- The library will be open for normal business hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, from Tuesday 14th June until Friday 22nd July.
- Extended opening hours (8:45am-6:30pm Mondays and Wednesdays, 8:45am-7:30pm Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:45am-5:00pm Fridays) will resume on Monday 25th July.
The library catalogue will be upgraded to a newer version today. This means that borrowers will not be able to consult the library catalogue, not place holds, nor renew books, without the aid of library staff.
Please contact library staff at the circulation desk, at phone number 93408888, or email at email@example.com
Normal catalogue service should resume by the end of the day.
UPDATE: The next part of the upgrade process will happen on Friday 19th May. The catalogue will be unavailable at times during the day. Please contact library staff for assistance.
- Where Do I Start? An Overview of the Search Tools Available at the DML
- Tips for More Effective Searching
Any user of the DML is welcome to attend. Discussion will include reference to all of the electronic resources available at the DML including those of the new UDHub.
- Where Do I Start? Tuesday May 17th at 1.10 pm. Repeated Thursday May 19th at 1.10 pm.
- Tips for More Effective Searching. Tuesday May 24th at 1.10 pm. Repeated Thursday May 26th at 1.10 pm.
Reader Education Room on level 2 of the DML.