The library has amended some of its borrowing rules.
What stays the same?
- Loan periods. They vary according to your borrower classification, and whether there are any restrictions on the item. They are still 2 hours or1, 7, 14 or 28 days.
- Restrictions on access to 7 day loan and Reserve items. You have to be a member of Pilgrim Theological College, Trinity College Theological School or Jesuit College of Spirituality to borrow these items.
- Renewals. You will be able to renew a loan unless another borrower has placed it on hold or, if it is a 7 day loan, you have renewed it once before.
What has changed?
- The number of books you can borrow. Faculty of Pilgrim Theological College, Trinity College Theological School or Jesuit College of Spirituality and University of Divinity research students may now borrow 30 books; other library members may borrow 20.
- The effect of having an overdue book. This no longer means you can't renew your loans, or borrow another item or access online resources if you would normally have such access. But fines will accumulate at the daily rate applicable.
- The fines threshold for overdue books. You have to accumulate fines of $12 before you are deemed to have any outstanding fines. Part payment of fines is acceptable.
- The effect of having outstanding charges or fines. You won't now be able to borrow anything new (you will still be able to renew existing loans) or access the Library's online resources (you will still be able to access the University of Divinity Library Hub's online resources if you have a login there).